Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hot Trends to Cool the Summer Sizzle or Cool Styles to Beat the Heat

Baby it’s hot. Sizzling hot. The dog days of summer are here. I hardly can bring myself to do anything other than lounge by the pool and sip cool cocktails. And have you noticed how hard it is to feel “cute” when it’s so hot you can fry an egg on your car seat? And the humidity….I won’t even go there.

Feeling a little like a lazy dog (perhaps that’s why they call it the dog days of summer), I knew I needed a little pick-me -up to make it until Fall. So I did what any smart girl would do…I went shopping. After all we still have at least two full months of HOT weather. No need to think about Fall yet.

Here’s what I found to take the sizzle out of the temperature and redirect that sizzle to me!


Flirty sun dresses: Summer is meant for sundresses. Obvious-right? Whether it’s a maxi, a strapless or a flirty spaghetti strap number, a cute sundress can make you feel like a cute girl regardless of the heat or humidity. Ladies…sundresses are meant to be loose and flowly. Leave your spanks in the drawer! I found this David Meister polka dot sundress. It’ll be so fab with flip flops for a stroll to the Saturday market or paired with a little cardigan for work.




White Hot! That’s right…Anything white. A minimalist look to add instant cool to your style. But we're not talking about fussy, Wimbledon “white”. Add a little gold and bit of glitze to go from your mother's white to fresh, young white hot. White jeans, white skirts, white shirts look fantastic paired with a little gold like this little dress/long top. And don't forget to add a little touch of gold to your accessessories like this little handbag .




Sheer Lightweight Tops- These little darlings keep me cool in and out of the car all day on sales meetings. With a breezy silk blouse or top, I can take it from day with a pencil skirt and belt, and into night, paired with a short pair of shorts or white jeans and big earrings. Plus there's nothing like an easy silk top to transform you to feeling your sexiest self by revealing just a hint of skin without giving away anything you wouldn't want a client to see!



Show off those suntanned legs- Let's face it - we all would kill for longer legs, no matter how short or tall, there is something about a long stem to help every gals overall look. And, my secret weapon for that is definitely a NUDE shoe. There is nothing like 'em, whether in a sandal, wedge, heel or peep toe, a shoe in a neutral shade of tan or cream will only lengthen the leg and draw the eye up and over making me feel irresistably airy no matter what the humidity is doing to my hair!




Summer Sandals- I’m not talking about those hard to wear heels- Flats my dear. It’s too hot to hobble around in uncomfortable shoes. These sandals by Lilly Pulitzer are perfect for the pool, running errands and even a summer concert.




Bigger is not better- Get rid of that HUGE handbag- Carrying around that load is enough to make you HOT. Lighten up. Opt for a smaller size. Fall's "it" bag is bringing back sophisticated ease with the messenger-style. But, before we conform to the fall work-savvy style - live it up for the rest of summer with a feminine clutch in fun, punchy fabrics and colors!




We’re headed up to Lake Keowee for the weekend with a few other couples. Can’t wait to get away and float in that cool mountain lake! Bags are packed. I am so happy to have added a little pick me up to my summer styles. I feel certain I’ll be the cutest girl there…well at least the coolest!




Cheers fashionistas!
Lulu LaBelle




No comments:

Post a Comment