Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Too hot to handle!

FINALLY!

After working like a crazy woman for six months, it is time for my summer vaca. This is what I have day-dreamed about every afternoon since Christmas. In just two days, I will be headed to the beach for our annual family beach trip. And this means…an excuse for some shopping. Along wit


h the requisite bathing suits, I needed some cute cover-ups, skirts, sundresses, flip flops and a new handbag. I can’t go to this uber chic resort without the proper attire! Let’s face it, my work-wear won’t cut it pool side.



Sundress
I feel certain Mr. Labelle has made some fab dinner reservations. I definitely need a new sundress and finding the perfect one is not always easy:
Fabric- must be a soft cotton that will breathe easily in the Carolina heat like this little dress
Shape- must accentuate my waistline while at the same time be loose enough to keep me cool


Accessories- you’re never fully dressed without the right accessories-these must not be too overpowering. Check out these cute necklaces.
Shoulder cover- And because it’s always cold inside, you must be able to wear a little wrap or cardigan to take the chill off indoors.



I think I found the perfect dress- check out this cute little strapless number that's totally unique since I got it at Labels and totally me- and look at these cute shoes by Betsey Johnson. I love the way this combo makes me look- tall and curvy!

Skirts
Summer is meant for cotton skirts. Here’s what I am packing to wear to the pool and out doodle bugging around the island:
Tropical print- Sometimes it’s really fun to look a little west palm and wear a some fun print Lilly!
Hippy chic- Pair it with a white tank and some Sam Edelman sandals to get an effortless summer look
Solid A-line- There’s nothing better than a good solid skirt that can go with a simple t-shirt or flirty top
Blue Jean- No matter how old I get, I still love a blue jean mini-skirt.

Accessories
Alas…Mr. LaBelle keeps me on a tight budget and I can’t go too crazy buying the latest trends. So I will work with what I have by adding a few new accessories:
Sunglasses- Don’t forget trendy shades…they complete the look!
Bangles- Do bangles make you feel as sexy as they do me?
Sandals- Sexy sandals draw out your inner diva. Find a great pair that will go with everything like these.
Straw Bag- Grab a cute straw bag, throw in a towel and you are ready for the pool…leave out the towel and throw in your wallet…you are ready for a little shopping!
Cowboy Hat- Don’t forget a hat to cover your pretty little face! I good straw hat is always a nice way to protect yourself from the sun. Nothing is worse than a few wrinkles.

I must run. I need to make a last minute trip to Target for some sunscreen and trashy magazines. Gonna use some beach time to catch up with what Brad and Angelina!

Cheers fashionistas!
Lulu LaBelle


No comments:

Post a Comment