Friday, September 3, 2010

Ladylike looks for Lulu



Fall Trends 2010

Let’s talk about fall. I love the new styles…did I say love? I mean LOVE! Here’s a rundown of my top picks for fall:



Fifties Inspires:
Hello Mrs. Cleaver…the fifties are back. I love this full skirt paired with a wide waist accentuating belt like this one. If you are daring, pair a fifties style skirt with a sexy bustier for a night on the town. Whatever you choose, show off your hour glass figure to make a great fall fashion statement.

Fur and Feathers:



What can make you feel more feminine than a touch of fur? Faux or real, fur is high profile this fall. Since I received my first fur jacket at age 8, I have been obsessed with fur. I’d be neglectful if I didn’t mention feathers too. But caution…do not wear fur and feathers together. Mother nature doesn’t…nor should you.

Gold:
Gold is HUGE this fall. Find a touch of metallic and go with it. Whether it’s a metallic design on a jacket or a full gold skirt, feel rich with this glam inspired trend.




Clean Chic:
How about the clean chic look of tailored suits like this one by Calvin Klein. This is especially great for me since I have to wear a suit everyday. Often I feel stuffy and buttoned up…but this fall, I am going to look like I just strutted off of the pages of Vogue. I have my eye on this ultra feminine suit by Sara Campbell…this will certainly make a statement in the board room.




Tone on Tone:
Matchy, Matchy. Tone on tone. No you are not dreaming. I never thought I’d see this trend make a come back but hello dolly…here it is. This trend is sure to make getting dressed in the morning rush a bit easier. I like this cute xyz top paired with these insert color pants. Finish off the look with a similar tone purse. And ladies remember…the right pair of slacks can be so feminine when paired with the right top and of course fab accessories!



Long is back:
And one more GREAT fall trend to round out the list…LONG…everything is long. Pack away your mini skirts and daisy dukes. Trade them in for long pants with a long jacket like this one by insert designer. The runway designers are pairing these looks with kitten heels and flats…but I tend to need the extra height given by a good pair of heels like these black pumps by Jimmy Choos. I think I’ll pass on the flats…but if you are into flats, here is a really cute pair by Cochini….



I couldn’t have created a better fall line-up even if I were a trendsetter in Milan. The fall fashions are so great for this working girl. I’m just going to pretend it’s not 90 degrees and push through to try out some of the new fall trends now.




Cheers fashionistas!
Lou Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment