Tuesday, September 21, 2010

We're going PINK

Breast cancer affects everyone not just the person who is diagnosed- mothers, sisters, brothers, husbands, children, friends and co-workers. In the time it takes me to type this sentence, someone in the world will be diagnosed. You girls know I can be really passionate about things….and breast cancer is one of them. No one is immune from the possibility and regardless of who you are, at some point in your life, chances are you or someone you care about could be diagnosed. That’s why I am joining women across the country to fight for a cure.

Our beloved Greenville is joining me and we are painting the town PINK to build awareness and FIGHT! I will be the first to say that I am not typically a PINK kind of girl, but this cause brings out the PINK in me. There are several events next week to raise money for this cause so I decided I needed to get out there and see what Pink I could find.



Here’s the thing, even if you, like me, are one of those girls who shy away from PINK, we can all admit a little PINK, can do wonders to bring out the rosy glow in your face. And what girl doesn’t want to show off a youthful rosy glow? And the other beautiful thing about PINK is that it goes with most every color: chocolate brown, black, caramel, white, navy and even red (one of my favorite pairings).



So- here’s what I found: For the Thursday night cocktail celebration in honor of a dear friend who was just diagnosed, I plan to wear a little black dress, this cute PINK wrap and this great Lilly grosgrain ribbon clutch. You can always count on Lilly to make PINK so chic!

Friday I plan to skip out on work and meet the girls for lunch and shopping (I always try to take a few Fall Fridays off to enjoy the PERFECT weather). I found these awesome PINK Seven chords. Pair them with a white t-shirt and this great Kate Spade chocolate brown purse with a subtle pink accent on the side and I am ready for whatever comes my way.

For the Susan G. Komen race on Saturday, I figure the morning will be a little chilly, so I found this classic Burberry PINK quilted jacket. It’ll add a little Jackie O’ to my shorts and running shoes!

And since I was in the mood for PINK, I found a few other must-haves to add to my wardrobe. It’ll be nice to step out of my black and white box! I love this great Tahari PINK and caramel jacket. The lush texture of the fabric screams indulgence.



I also fell in love with this Carlisle jacket and skirt. Feminine suits are all the rage this Fall. This jacket with subtle, not so frilly, PINK and chocolate brown twill and attention grabbing detailing is perfect for the board room and can even be paired with jeans for a night out.

WOW- I never really thought I could find PINK so fun and fabulous. I am ready to raise money for a great cause. If you want to join me, head down to Flour Field on Saturday morning…Don’t forget your PINK!

Cheers Fashionistas,

Lulu LaBelle

No comments:

Post a Comment