Monday, January 14, 2013

Rolling out the Red Carpet: Golden Globes 2013

It's awards season!  I love this time of year and curling up on the couch to check out the red carpet and gawk at the beautiful stars.  With that said,  last night's Golden Globes brought it.  Tina Fey and Amy Poehler absolutely nailed it with their ribald wit and sassy humor.   I loved their "loser" bit in the second half of the show - they had me in fits giggling so hard.
 Suffice to say, Will Ferrell and Kristen Wig gave them a run for their money with their hilarious nomination round up.  In case you missed it, check it out below:

Will Ferrell and Kristen Wig - youtube.com

While I was impressed with many of the risks taken on the red carpet, not many dresses really wowed me.  Most left me wondering, what was that random pin at the top of her dress (Amanda Seyfried), or why did they construct her chest to point out oddly? (Jennifer Lawrence) Is that better in person, or does she look like she's wearing curtains? (Lucy Lui).  I was actually really torn on this one, plus Lucy's dress from last year was AH-mazing.




I did like the dominance of reds shown last night.   And, not surprisingly, Jennifer Garner took my breath away.  I thought her hair and makeup were spot on perfection with her column of rubies gown.

I also was very impressed with all the black gowns on the red carpet.  As one who usually shies away from black, (I mean, the sparkly the better, right?!) But, Nicole Kidman and Rachel Weisz swayed my opinion.
   I loved the plunging necklines- Katharine McPhee, you looked insane!
I would be remiss not to mention the lady people can't help but gush over, and Best Supporting Actress winner - Anne Hathaway.  I have to say, her Chanel white column dress looked stunning with her pixie haircut and porcelain skin.   Don't know why she still irritates me to no end, but since I'm the only one who feels this way, I'll leave it at that. 
But, by far and away, my favorite of the night was Julianne Moore.  She continually amazes me with her talent and red carpet style.  Never ordinary and always classy with a modern twist.  I am in awe.

No comments:

Post a Comment